• Support various intellectual property attorneys to provide excellent service to our clients
• Prepare and file patent and trademark applications and other responses
• Prepare basic U.S., provisional, non-provisional, convention and design application documents, including transmittals, Application Data Sheet and drawings
• Review and maintain a docket for timely reporting of communications to the client and foreign associates
• Timely handling of various prosecution formalities
• Complete basic formality documents for national filing requirements, including Powers of Attorney, assignments, and inventor declarations
• Complete legalization of documents, as required; order priority documents and assignments from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; obtain foreign priority documents
• Review Notices of Allowance, prepare corresponding checklist, and report to client
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• Experience in international and/or U.S. prosecution
• Must have a high school diploma (or equivalent), college degree and/or a paralegal certificate ABA is preferred
• Thorough knowledge of patent procedural requirements and USPTO practices required
• Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills and initiative.
• Ability to work proactively and independently to manage completion of projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively with a team, clients, cultures, and personalities. Willingness to pitch in anywhere as needed.
• Flexibility, adaptability and resilience; creativity to solve shifting challenges. Comfort with tackling multiple roles. Eagerness to learn new technologies.